Instant quote
Policy type
No. of travellers
Adult 18-35
Adult 36-55
Adult 56-65
Adult 66-69
Adult 70-74
Adult 75-79
Adult 80-85
Kids (3-17)
Infants 0-2
Departure date
Return date     
Instant Quote
Pay online with complete peace of mind

Advice For Travellers

What happens if I need to cancel my holiday?

If you should need to cancel your holiday for any of the following reasons you will be able to claim on your policy for any costs that cannot be refunded:

  • You die, become seriously ill or get injured.
  • A relative, business associate, a person you have booked to travel with or a relative or friend living abroad who you plan to stay with, dies, becomes seriously ill or gets injured.
  • You have to go to court to be a witness or be on a jury (but not as an expert witness) or you are put in quarantine.
  • There is an accident involving a vehicle you were planning to travel in, which happens within seven days before the date you planned to leave and means you cannot use the vehicle. This only applies to self-drive holidays.
  • You are a member of the armed forces, police, fire, nursing or ambulance services and you have to stay in your home area because of an emergency or you are posted overseas unexpectedly.
  • You are made redundant, as long as you are entitled to payment under the current redundancy payments law and, at the time of booking your trip, you had no reason to believe you would be made redundant.
  • It is necessary for you to stay in/return to your home area after a fire, storm, flood or burglary at your home or place of business within 48 hours before the date you planned to leave. We will need a written statement from a relevant public authority confirming the reason and necessity.
  • You cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic, for example, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise you not to go to the destination because there has been an outbreak of avian flu.
  • If you become pregnant after we have sold you this policy, and you will be more than 32 weeks pregnant at the start of, or during, your trip. Or, your doctor advises that you are not fit to travel because you are suffering from complications of pregnancy or childbirth. If you will be more than 32 weeks pregnant at the start of, or during, your trip and you still choose to travel, you may not claim for cutting short your trip unless as a result of the complications of pregnancy or childbirth.

If you receive medical attention for an injury or illness, you must get a medical certificate showing the nature of the injury or illness together with any original bills, which you have paid. Please refer to your travel insurance policy to see the full terms and conditions of the policy. For more information on travel insurance call us on 0333 202 5670.

All claims are always subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.

Back is a trading style of Rock insurance limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), number 300317.